Friday, January 1, 2010

Rebecca Roe: Reading Zora duz this

Cemetary' by faye runaway aka freedocha

I know that I failed to feel
this urgent information older adults would hand so carefully to me,
Me and my spaz-self, ramming my mind into the next new moment
I was too fast for wisdom and words.
Deep down I knew I was missing the mark
whenever the opportunity to Appreciate came around
That must be because it was a small death speaking, wishing for its life back
Cautioning me to wish for what I already had
This gravity of naked abandonement was heavier than I could fashion
I am Young, unsunk and Incapable of remorse
This is how I figured out that lessons are only released once the skin is broken
Never before.
Losing slows me down,
slow enough to stroke the last flame on its way out
and hear the clucking of foresight find me in my first grave.
Today,
Realization began building its nest in my heart.

(Dear What-Once-was,
I am going to tell others to be grateful and to enjoy.
But losing you was the best thing that could've happened.
Now I truly Love you.
Every time I wish for you, you seem to get more amazing.
Sincerely Yours,
the bereaved)

No comments:

Post a Comment