Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Can you and I talk about it?

Ok so we are at the park and Faye Runaway says Hey Cam and Alabaster I want yall to write a conversation, to say before a song I wrote. I said ok lets do it now and fast and so we had a conversation and she wrote (well tried to) down every word we said. So we went home jammed it on the one and its beautiful. Come to a show and you'll hear it for sure. This is the conversation which is fluid and subject to change(also is totally a freestyle and not about anyone.)Alabaster will be A and I will be C. The song is called you and I.

C: Can you and I talk about it?
A: Lets talk.
C: My heart has exploded, with no place for the remains. What should I do?
A: Maybe you should keep it in a box, put it on a shelf. Only take it down when you're ready.
C: But I'm ready now. What if the person I want to give it to isn't ready?
A: Be patient
C: But I'm very patient
A: Love is patient. The mind only confuses things. It has to be a state of mind.
C: But where do I put my desires? They haunt me! They haunt me!
A: You have to free yourself from your desires. Anything you desire will ultimately bring you pain.
C: I am not afraid.
a: I wasn't warning you.
C: you were just telling me whats evident. but my heart is bruised.
a: When does the healing begin?
c: When does the healing begin?
a: When you stop reopening wounds.
c: I just sewed myself up yesterday. It took me all afternoon.
a: But today you spent the whole day picking at it.
c: I know, I know.

1 comment: