Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Stargaze from a distance

I've been doing a bit a writing with my friend Kholi via fb. This is the second joint we did. The first one is posted on her blog. If I had to pick I like that one better so check it out. Anyhue we will be doing these all week maybe longer so make sure you tell me which ones you like. So this is half Super half Kholi enjoy.

For as long as i can remember
I've had worms.
Deep inside my intestines.
Gutting out my insides.
Its only a matter of time now.
before sweet hymns and
Grand mama's cries
make me
the Mos Def
in the room.
Bigger and Deffer
than ever
More clever than you
and
or I ever imagined.
Growing out of myself
is this
excellence that eats.
Future gilded with fear and longing.
An inability to be appeased unless pleasing.

I like the power.

I can

For as long as i can remember.

Stargaze from a distance.
See myself
through you.
Smell your anticipation thick like
love.
Heavy as my own
guilt knowing or oft
feeling the more I owe.

Scream my name lover.
I've been long preparing for this screw.
I'm coming-
Pouring my dreams as offering
unto your feet-
leaking long after the vessel is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment